Sunday, December 9, 2007

Our Weekend

Who knew getting one good picture of these two boys would be this difficult. This is two different days worth of pictures just to get a picture I could use this year for our Christmas card.

Excuse Kep's head being cut off...
Tonight (love this 75 degree weather in December) we went to see Heidi, our friend's Amy and Brett's new black lab. Kepler did not want down when he saw this tiny little thing. (funny- we have 3 huge labs and 2 cats) He eventually warmed up and ran around.

Yay for girl time. I was so excited to visit with some high school friends on Friday night. You know you are officially old when you eat and sit at the same place for 5 hours and talk - not knowing it has been 5 hours! Thanks Wendy for a great evening.

On Saturday night Kevin and I helped with the Christmas Walk at our church. In our town this is an annual Christmas outreach event. It is such a great way to share Christ with visitors both christians and non christians. No pictures to show but, each scene is a depiction of His life on earth leading up to the cross and then his decent into Heaven. Kevin played the part of a shopper in our Sunday school class' modern day mall scene, and I was an extra at the inn where Mary and Joseph were turned away. Today the sermon tied in with my "inn scene" in that we/I turn God away so many times. Instead of that inn keeper seeing a pregnant woman and feeling sorry for her he had no compassion and baby Jesus was born in a barn and laid in a feed trough. Can you imagine that? I hope everyone thinks about baby Jesus this Christmas with all the fun things going on! We were privileged to be a part of such a neat event.

No comments: