Thursday, October 29, 2009

Kep's FIRST BAMA game!


Bama vs Tennessee! What a game. Kepler enjoyed it and took it all in. We saw the players and Coach Saban arrive at the stadium, then headed to the quad to tailgate for a few minutes. Saw the band, which he was really excited about! Walked around on the quad, Alpha Chi house for a break, then up the spiral to the game. Loved the jets fly-over. Loved all the food he had in his bag and shaking his shaker. Didn't really care much about the game. Liked seeing Big Al and looking through the binoculars. He was OUT the minute the car cranked up to go home. Hopefully this will be the first of many he will be able to go to! Roll Tide Roll!!!
Just for the record, we have all had the flu, probably h one n one and survived it! I pray for better days ahead. Thank you all again so much for the uplifting comments, flowers, calls, food, cards regarding my Dad's passing. Gosh, we miss him so much! At the football game I was thinking it was just so bitter sweet. I know Dad would loved to have gotten to take the boys to their first Bama game and much more. It is still hard, sad, hard to think that it is okay to laugh and find joy in some things some days. God is good. I know that, he is carrying us through. Thank you again for all of your prayers, that means the most!
Also, lots of pictures below!!!

3 comments:

The Lively's said...

Great pictures Haley! I love their football sweatshirts! Where did you get those? Poor Dax - he's just as cute with one less tooth! We are getting so excited about Disney World!! I can't believe it's only 5 weeks away. We're praying for you and thinking of you often - I know you miss your daddy so much. Happy Halloween to y'all!!

BamaBelle744 said...

We love all the pictures and comments! So wonderful to see you guys at the game! Don't be strangers and have a great Halloween Weekend!

Maggie Pelton said...

So good to see you posting. I've been praying for you. I know it was so hard for you to write, "your mom's church" and that grandparent's day will never include your dad. I'm sad for you sweet friend. Praying for the Lord to comfort you in your grief. Love you!