Monday, October 5, 2009

Daddy


I have debated and wrested with my thoughts as to whether or not I wanted to write this and share. I’m a daddy’s girl and this little daddy’s girl at heart lost her daddy on Friday night to a battle with Acute Leukemia. He fought it hard and suffered so much over the last five weeks but now is finally at peace and rejoicing along with so many others in Heaven. I wanted to be selfish as you would to keep him here, Why my daddy GOD, but God ultimately knows the plans for every life and I may not until I get to Heaven to be with Him. There is a plan to be born and a plan to die and God is with us every step of the way in between and after. I was blessed beyond so many to have such a Godly loving and caring daddy who taught me about Jesus and I truly think that to have that in a dad and mom, in a family, is God’s gift to me. So many are not given a good earthy daddy but I had the chance to have the best one for 31 years and have so many memories to cherish and hold on to. He was such a great man and granddaddy and he so badly wanted to continue to be. I know he wanted to get to come home to see our boys and I know they will miss out on a lot of things he could have taught them, they only would have been better because of him. But I know that this was meant to be. I think he was preparing me when he left because he told me in private that everyone has to die but I truly believe he fought hard and was not ready to give up until the last few days. His personality was tough, blunt, you never had to question where you stood with him, smart, wise, and then so loving and kind hearted and always knew when I was holding back tears and telling him something. He always had moms and my best interest in mind.
You know death is a difficult thing and there are many more difficult days ahead especially for my mom but who can do it without God? I have had so many who have shared with me that they are and did pray for him and our family and we all thank you so much for the extra concern and prayers that you prayed to God, we definitely felt them. We are so blessed to have such good Godly people surrounding us right now.
He will be missed by so many. My daddy was 61, to young to die, but is in Heaven, and it is such a good feeling knowing that.

14 comments:

The Burgess Family said...

I'm praying for you today Haley. My heart hurts for you but is so encouraged by your words and your faithfulness to our Lord. I pray He holds you in his arms and brings you comfort beyond what you can imagine.

Kissy said...

What a wonderful legacy he left for you, Haley. May God bless you and hold you really close.

Maggie Pelton said...

I am in tears as I read your words. I'm glad you decided to write them. I'm so sad for your loss and for your boys losing their granddaddy. I am praying for you all.

Julie said...

This is a beautiful tribute to your wonderful daddy.

Kelly said...

I'm crying with you, Haley Bug! What an absolute precious picture and sweet words about your Daddy! I love you so much and I'm praying for you!!!!

Susie said...

sweet haley...thanks for sharing your heart with us. my heart aches for you and your family as you walk this path. you are right, it is not easy, but God is so good and gracious to be with you every step of the way. may you all feel his presence and rest in his faithfulness to you. so thankful that your daddy is experiencing the eternal peace we all long for. maybe our dads are hanging out swapping stories of us girls in apartment 34! i'll always remember how he took such good care of us, paying our bills and taking us to lunch. his legacy lives on in you and your precious boys.
continuing to pray for you all. love you much.

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Oh, Haley thanks for those sweet words about your daddy. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the hurt and the pain that you feel and yet like you said, there is joy in knowing that his suffering is over. I am praying for you sweet friend.

Leigh Collins said...

Haley, I am soooo sorry to hear about your Dad. I know that there are no words that anyone can say to make it any better, but just know that I am thinking about you and your mom and praying for you.

Unknown said...

Haley,
I am so sorry to read about your daddy. I am praying for you all.
Cindy Burchfield

Jessica said...

Haley, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I can only imagine how much you and your family will miss him. We will be keeping you in our prayers.

Anna & Greg said...

Haley - I am so sorry to hear that you lost your dad. My dad passed away 3 1/2 years ago from cancer - he was 56. I think of him every day, and am so sorry for the sadness you and your mom are experiencing. It breaks my heart that he's not around to see our daughter and my brother's kids grow up, but I know, just like you do, that he is smiling down on us and is so happy for the joy in our lives. I am thinking of you and your mom and praying that you find peace.

Anna

Leigh Collins said...

Mary Ruffin Moore is trying to get in touch with all of our pledge class about a reunion next summer. I tried to forward the e-mail to you but it bounced back. Can you e-mail me (lcollinsmgs@aol.com) and then I will forward the e-mail from there? Hope you are doing ok!

Ashlei said...

oh friend, so sorry I just found out. I will be thinking of you. I know it's a hard road of grief ahead but the Father will take you to the depths with him.

Teresa said...

Oh Haley, I am just catching up on your blog. I am so sorry about your father. I've just stopped to pray for you all. May His mercies be new to you every morning as you grieve.