Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Comfort, O Lord

For this reason, and Dax being sick and not sleeping, I can't sleep. I don't know if you heard about the man in Mobile, AL throwing his 4 children off a bridge or not but this story has not left my mind. I have cried over this particularly because I can not imagine anyone doing anything to harm their own children. How could he have done that, evil was there, why did you not intervene God, I know angels must have flooded the sky before each of them left that man's hands. Their environment could not have been good nor safe ever. Bless those babies and all the other unheard unseen stories. Those are just some thoughts I've had today after I heard this story. I have prayed for the man/father that he would be led to God. But most of all I pray for that mom. "For the Lord COMFORTS his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones." Isaiah 49:13.
Just thought it might do me good to post.

2 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

I had not heard about that, but it truly is awful! I can't imagine it either. Thank goodness we have a God who does offer peace and comfort even in the midst of the worst storms!

Love the pic of the boys at the doctor:) Dax is nearly as big as Ellie Kate at 10 months old. They are both adorable and keeping you busy I'm sure!

Julee said...

I too, was physically sickened over this tragedy. And the countless other ones I read and hear about daily, people that would do harm to precious, defenseless little ones. God will see that justice is done and we can find comfort in knowing such innocent children are with their heavenly Father. Even so, come Lord Jesus!