Edward Johnson was 84. He was a complete character! Had five children and the sweetest wife. A ton of grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He lost his battle with lung cancer last Tuesday night. This was the first time to visit a funeral home or be present at a funeral since the death of my daddy. I was not sure I wanted to really even be there. I am glad I was. The funeral was a graveside service. He was a World War II vet and I did not know. An American flag was laid across his casket, friends and family were there, it was a late summer morning, a sweet breeze was blowing through the giant shade trees in the country cemetery. Locust were even singing in the back ground. Taps were played, and the flag was folded 13 times with the 13 meanings read. This was my boys first experience at a funeral. It was beautiful. He lived a long life. I just want to remember my memory of this special moment. It definitely was not a birthday party but it was beautiful in its own way. What was even more beautiful is that we knew several days before that he had already met Jesus, and may have even seen my daddy.
2016 Running Recap
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment