Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Camping during Spring Break


Okay, this was more than I bargained for. A happy camper I was not. But, being outdoors and being dirty all day long made for 2 little happy campers. Wind Creek is an awesome childhood memory for me and it was so fun to be able to make new memories there! My mom has a RV and Kevin pulled it over for us during the week and sat everything up. My "have it all under control" mom did not check the air conditioner or the water. Needless to say we had neither. I AM NOT A ROUGHING IT KIND OF GIRL and this just proved to be true. Bathhouse showers (gag), brushing teeth and face each morning outside with a water hose (fun)... Kevin is just too big for the RV so he brought his tent. I slept in the tent for 2 nights! Impressive, but froze, could here everything, plus the neighboring tent with a snorer(sp?)! Just not enough room for all of us in the RV on a smaller than full size bed. All this to say, the boys had a ball and that's what matters. They played, rode bikes, fished, waded in water, explored, made new friends, played in the fire, (Dax- you fell in the fire) and rode bikes some more! No better trip for boys than camping! Hope you read this one day Kep and Dax, I love watching you two have fun and I LOVE YOU!

No comments: